Lots of people are Disney fans, whether they give it much thought or not. They had a good time with the kids at Walt Disney World, they enjoyed The Princess and the Frog, or maybe they've got a Mickey Mouse shirt or two in their closet.
But some of us are pretty much freaks. If you're reading this column, chances are that you know what I'm talking about. And I think we all have those little quirks, those little moments, that tell us just how freakish we are in our Disney obsessions. Here are a few of mine:
- When I need a photo of myself for professional reasons, I usually have a hard time finding one where I'm not wearing Mickey ears. Sometimes I'm actually tempted to submit one. And in fact, the program from one meeting I've attended includes a picture of me taken at Le Cellier.
- I was so depressed about missing MouseFest 2007 that I held my very own Mr. Potato Head meet in my office.
- I have several editions of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. They're not even all major revisions. One of them is autographed by Mr. Len Testa himself.
- Earlier this year, I simultaneously held Annual Passes to both Walt Disney World in Florida, and Disneyland Paris in France.
- My favorite suitcases have Walt Disney Travel company luggage tags.
- I'm a novice runner, and yet I aspire to run the Walt Disney World Half-Marathon in 2012. Not only that, but I have friends in the Disney fan community who believe I can do it!
- My cell phone music collection includes the following albums:Aladdin (Original Soundtrack), Alice in Wonderland (Original Soundtrack), Disney's Music from the Parks (including Tim Curry's Ballad of Davey Crockett!), Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth, Fantasmic, High School Musical 3, High School Musical Hits Remixed, Kim Possible, Los Lobos Goes Disney, Mickey Unrapped, The Music of Disneyland and Walt Disney World, Tomorrowland 2055, Up (Original Soundtrack), Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair, and Walt Disney Records Archives Volumes I and II. (And hey, don't worry . . . it's a 16GB disk, so there's still plenty of room for stuff like Raw Power, Favorite Games, Really Rosie, and The Miseducation of Lauren Hill.)
- This morning from my hotel room in New Orleans, I looked out on the rooftops, and could only think of Mary Poppins.
- When I started planning a summer vacation in Germany next year with my family, I couldn't keep myself from mentally calculating how long it would take to get to Disneyland Paris, since I'll be on the same continent. (And no, it's not gonna work.)
Okay, your turn: What are your leading symptoms of Disney freakitude? There's plenty of room for comments below!