Heads up! More athletes have been added to the ESPN the Weekend 2011 roster.
Athletes added to the list
Jameer Nelson (Orlando Magic)
Justin Verlander (Detroit Tigers)
Wandy Rodriguez (Houston Astros)
Hunter Pence (Houston Astros)
Carlos Lee (...
Earlier this month Disney executives responded to some of the criticism surrounding the new Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun! parade by annoucning new characters would be added to the parade to improve it.
Today, two new characters made their debut in the parade: Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story and Smitty, a worker monster from Monsters Inc.
Good news for those attending ESPN the Weekend next week, Disney has added more athletes and events to the schedule.
- Bert Blyleven
- Rashard Mendenhall
- Mike Singletary
- current Orlando Magic players
See full ESPN the Weekend athlete list
- Homer The Brave (Atlanta Braves)
- Sebastian the Ibis (University of Miami)
See full ESPN the Weekend mascot list
- Bernie Williams (former New York Yankees center...
Here are some changes coming to character meet-n-greets at Disney's Hollywood Studios over the next few months
- Expect the Cars meet-n-greet to close soon for refurbishment to make way for a Cars 2 changeover. Not sure which Cars 2 character(s) will be added or which, if any, of the existing characters will be removed. Bottom line is a Cars 2 makeover is coming along with a new character to meet.
- The new Phineas and Ferb meet-n-greet will operate in this fashion
- Phineas and Ferb will meet guests like any other character meet
- Every so often...
Here's what's going on in Disney's Hollywood Studios this week that you might not be able to tell based on this week's photo update.
- It was a crowded day in Hollywood Studios thanks to the beginning of a holiday week (Presidents Week) as well as Fantasmic! shows that day and the nice weather.
- The new photo opportunity being worked on in front of the Sorcerer's Hat should be finished by the end of the month. It's been taking longer than originally scheduled but they've now added trees and other shrubs to block unsightly elements and it is coming together now.
- Quick entertainment note for next week, due to ESPN the Weekend...
New to ESPN the Weekend this year will be team mascots that will be a part of the event. The mascots addition to ESPN the Weekend compliments the active and retired athletes that have been a part of this sports weekend for years.
The mascots for this year will include
- Phillie Phanatic (Philadelphia Phillies)
- Albert E. Gator (Univ. of Florida)
- the Penn State Nittany Lion
- the Oregon Duck
- Stuff the Magic Dragon (Orlando Magic)
- Captain Fear the Buccaneer (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Tip of the hat to LaughingPlace for the news
Ever since Disney Hollywood Studios's newest parade, Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun! debuted and was met with a less than a lackluster response from guests, I have often joked that the following video is my favorite parade that is currently running in the Studios:
Okay, that may be a little harsh. but it is a good segway into this week's topic! The reason the Citizens of Hollywood were "parading" out was because they were starting their pre-show for the parade, which is currently on it's way. They create a sort of variety radio broadcast that can be heard...
A few more athletes have been added to the ESPN the Weekend 2011 line up.
- Mariano Rivera (New York Yankees closer)
- Kevin McHale (Boston Celtics forward, Minnesota Timberwolves coach)
- Donald Driver (Green Bay Packers reciever)
Disney has removed Cal Ripken Jr from the list of attending athletes.
ESPN the Weekend is an annual event that is being held March 3-6, 2011
James Arnold Taylor, the voice of many characters on the Clone Wars televison show, announced last night he will be the co-host of all four Star Wars Weekends in 2011.
On Taylor's Facebook page, he made the announcement that Disney had asked him to host the weekends along side his co-star Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano).
Okay, big announcement! I have just accepted Disney’s offer to be the Event Host for all 4 weeks of Star Wars Weekends 2011!! I will be in Florida for 4 weeks from May 20th to June 12th. I am very excited about this opportunity and can...
VH1 Celebrity Fit Club star Dr. Ian Smith met with Minnie Mouse at Disney's Hollywood Studios on January 13, 2011. Smith also is the creator of "The 50 Million Pound Challenge."
You can view behind the scenes photos of this photo shoot in this week's photo update.