Here are some changes coming to character meet-n-greets at Disney's Hollywood Studios over the next few months
- Expect the Cars meet-n-greet to close soon for refurbishment to make way for a Cars 2 changeover. Not sure which Cars 2 character(s) will be added or which, if any, of the existing characters will be removed. Bottom line is a Cars 2 makeover is coming along with a new character to meet.
- The new Phineas and Ferb meet-n-greet will operate in this fashion
- Phineas and Ferb will meet guests like any other character meet
- Every so often, the movie director Cletus Filmore will come out and encourage the kids in line to join him to recreate scenes from the movie
- During these breaks, Phineas and Ferb could join the kids but will likely take the opportunity to take a break
- The new Phineas and Ferb meet-n-greet will be located to the right of the Muppetvision 3D exit and to the left of the existing Cars meet-n-greet
- During ESPN the Weekend 2011, the character meets that usually happen in front of the Sorcerer's Hat will be moved to the Magic of Disney Animation.
- Once Star Tours: The Adventures Continue opens on May 20, 2011 expect the wildly popular Darth Vader meet-n-greet to cease operations after Star Wars Weekends. While it's been a big hit with guests, there's "easy fit" location for Vader after Star Tours reopens.
As always, these changes are not "written in stone" yet and subject to, well, change!